Rantings of My Mind...

Sometimes your mind has more to say than you know... Here are a few of the insights into what's happening upstairs...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Aftermath...

It's official, Jeremy's married, and life as I know it has returned to semi-normalcy. No more late nights trying to decide what directions should look like, no more long days trying to run errands, no more crazy ideas like cardboard cut-outs and purple dinosaur suits. And to be honest, I miss the rush. I miss hanging out with all of Jeremy's groomsmen. I miss my brother. hahaha, it's cheesy I know, but he's been gone a week now at cook islands, and I hope he and Serena are having the time of their lives. I'm excited about when they get back and I can hang out with them again. But enough about that subject... on to the update about me.

The week before Jeremy''s wedding, I decided that I wasn't busy enough with all the prep work and craziness. So I also decided that I would move. I moved from the CSM housing site in south east LA to an apartment in Chinatown. I'm just east of Castellar Elementary (for those of you who know Chinatown well, just go past the school, past the medical center, and I'm in one of those apartments over that direction). So, I've been here about a week now, and I'm finally settling in. I did laundry for the first time yesterday and realized that all my clothes DO fit in my room. My lightsabers are on the wall, and it's finally beginning to feel like home.

I moved in with my good friend and co-worker Jon Vales. He actually was living in this apartment with another guy, but that guy got married the same weekend as Jeremy and moved out, just in time for me to move in. It's been pretty fun so far. We stay up late watching TV (last night we stayed up watching "The Hills"), we go out to Dodger games, and we play with our dog. It's been real fun. Work has gotten real fun too, cause we are gearing up for summer, and with that I've been real busy setting up schedules and working out macros for my schedule program.

Next week, I'm also participating in a walk for MS, if you want to participate by walking or sponsoring me, feel free to call or email me. It's for a good cause, and I know you want to get involved.

Life changes pretty quickly, and in one month it feels like all the different aspects have become different. It's taken a lot out of me to change this quickly, but I think I've managed to roll with the punches and have become better at adjusting. There are days where I just am exhausted, but most of the time I manage to keep up. As always, I leave you with some prayer points: praises, concerns, issues, and thanksgiving.

Prayer Items:
  • Praise God that I am over the busy season of Spring, that God brought me out of it without too much head/heart-ache.
  • Praise God that I was able to move into my new place relatively quickly, without exhausting me too much.
  • Pray that I might continue to find rest, and learn the discipline of saying, "no"
  • Pray that I might finish some longer term projects at work: Prayer letters, setting up summer schedules, fixing the system to match our new housing site.
  • Pray that financial supporters come to back me in what I do (including the church)
  • Pray that as I move into this new area of life that God introduce me to a nice girl that loves God with all her heart (yes, I actually AM soliciting THAT prayer...haha)
  • Thank God for all that He has given me, with a new chance at life through CSM
  • Thank God for making my living arrangements so easy and comfortable that after a week, I already can call this place home.
  • Thank God for every day I can look into the sky and see His creation and wonder! =) (cheesy but true...)
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home